You lose some, but you win more

You lose some, but you win more

I lost my wallet yet again. Argh I can be so careless.

But that's okay, as I'm trying out "optimistic" mode this time, and that always-look-at-the-bright-side-of-life stance. For one, my wallet didn't contain much money this time; in fact I was about to withdraw but didn't have the chance to. The only things of value were my matric card (which I use to access my room, get through hall doors, get meals, borrow books, enter computer rooms and lounges, but that's okay I can figure out stuff [i got in my room now in fact]), my ATM card (which is easily replaceable), and.. that's about it. My cashcard has only about two bucks, my toastmastesters card I don't use much, this rare Singapore and Brunei dollar bill aren't of much practical value since I planned to keep them only, my family pics I have bigger copies at home hehe, so basically no problem.

I'm not sure whether I lost my wallet in the taxi or in Suntec, but, nuff of that, because I think the brighter side of it all was that the NUS Choir gave a "superb" (that's according to our conductor Josephine) performance in the PAP 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner held just a couple of hours ago. We practised in the afternoon and rather lacked some oomph, but I think we delivered during the actual performance, which was at 10pm, and marked the end of the whole dinner, some sort of finale if you will.

It really was a grand event that dinner. We went into the convention center at around 2pm, and there were these big screens, lights, grand yet simple decor on stage and around the hall, and these really neat, dressed-up round tables for the VIP guests. Actually, the two front tables were marked VVIP instead, and, basing on the more elaborate decorations, the more elegant china and silverware on the table, those front tables were to seat the Singapore bigwigs.

And true enough, I got a good glimpse of LKY and Goh Chok Tong when we sang. Haha, I'm not sure I identify PM Lee Hsien Loong, but I'm sure I saw him since I looked at all the old guys' faces in that round table in my occasional glances past the conductor during our performance! Haha, all just to get a good look at these political celebrities.

For a while I thought we were going to share the ten-course meal (now I'm not too sure if it was ten), which included the symbolic shark's fin if I may add, but instead, we were just given large servings of chicken rice to eat in the holding room. It wasn't too bad, really, at least they gave us food, unlike that other group we sang for last time.

I'm also glad that I'm getting to know more people in the choir, and we're turning out to be pretty good friends. I'm thinking now that maybe the December caroling and the June competition won't make me too miserable, at the very least.

***

Back to the wallet, I'm glad that because of its loss, I was able to interact more with my friends and choirmates to help me. So thanks Yishu my neighbor for calling the taxi company to check for any reported found wallet, thanks Adrian for opening the D block 2nd floor gate twice and being genuinely concerned about all this crazy stuff, thanks Wey Ling and Shihui (choir president and VP, respectively), for taking my calls and helping me out in contacting Suntec. It amazes me to see that you're more willing to find the wallet than I am! Thanks guys.

Awhile ago I was thinking of saying this was still the Screw-up Series in effect, and it most probably is, but I won't say it. Yes, I try my darndest to stay in this "optimistic" mode, and hopefully it'll help me get through the crazy week to come.