Little Things

Little Things

Oh, it's just the little, homey things,
The unobtrusive, friendly things,
The won't-you-let-me-help-you things
That make our pathway light.
And it's just the jolly, joking things,
The laugh-with-me-it's-funny things,
The never-mind-the-trouble things
That make our world seem bright.

For all the countless, famous things,
The wondrous, record-breaking things,
Those never-can-be-equalled things
That all the papers cite,
Can't match the little human things,
The just-because-I-like-you things,
Those oh-it's-simply-nothing things,
That make us happy quite.

So here's to all the little things,
The everyday-encountered things,
The smile-and-face-your-trouble things,
"Trust God to put it right."
The done-and-then-forgotten things,
The can't-you-see-I-love-you! things,
The hearty I-am-with-you! things
That make life worth the fight.

-
Grace Haines


I've posted this poem here a long time ago, but since it's one of my favorites I'll post it again. And perhaps yet again if I feel like it. :)

Never fails to make me smile. Like little things, really. It does not take much to make me happy. (It does not take much to sadden me too, but that's beside the point. :D )

Special thanks to my NUS Choirmates. Haha, FRIENDS I mean. I'll expound on that later. Luv ya people.