Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts

* I just came from NUS Choir Camp at the Pasir Ris Holiday Flats. We're very sorry to all freshmen because the weather was a bit unfriendly (sunny enough to let us set up the stations and materials for the beach games and telematch, then it rains heavily 20 seconds into the game, it continues until we decided to cancel, then after a few hours it stops for us to reset-up everything and push through but cancel one game everyone prepared long and hard for), BUT I'm absolutely thrilled to have this new batch. You guys and girls rock! And the seniors.. I love you all! Hehe. It was great to play lots of party games, joke around, watch movies, intellectual games ala Bridge and Dai Di and Hearts (finally I can play the game on the computer!), and, you know, just talking and laughing (and impromptu singing too!). I lost a lot of sleep and energy (barely slept both nights), but I'm not complaining. Not at all. :) NUS Choir rocks.

* The camp's timing was perfect, as I had a totally sucky Friday. Having gone for Block Supper (very fun though I must say.. Go D-block!), I woke up at 8AM, missing precious minutes of the module I had sworn never to be late for EL1101E. LT11 was packed, and the unlucky ones had to make do with sitting on the floor. Strange, I thought NUS has a lot of money. The least the school could do is to at least cap the number of students who can take the module, so that nobody will have to sit anywhere else aside from the comfy chairs.

After MA2108 Mathematical Analysis with Diana and Mike and as we were heding off to Engin for lunch, I learned from Arthur that I had just missed the online Add/Drop/Swap of tutorials, since it was done 2300-0900 just hours ago (CORS people cut the sked and made it available at that ungodly period). OK, so it may have been my fault too, but since CORS screwed up and extended tutorial registration Round 1A and 1B, shouldn't the they also extend and not cut by 7 hours the add/drop/swap period? (original sked was 18/8 1600 - 19/8 0800) Anyway, out of 5 modules, I had a grand total of ONE tutorial allocated to me via CORS. And thus, the horror of manual registration I had to face.

Well, it wasn't exactly horrible, but it just upset me to just suddenly be faced with the task of going through three faculties (Arts, Bizad and Science) and go to four departments (Maths, Stats & Applied Probability, English Language & Lit, Business Policy) and figure out my schedule such that I finally get ANY tutorial slot. I was disappointed too that I had to back out of my intended plan of going to the holiday flats for choir camp earlier at around 4PM, to help Welfare Sec Janice with the preparation. Anyway, after two nice lecturers, one annoyed lady at Bizad Dean's Office, one lecturer who was so engrossed with chatting away with his Indian friend in his room that I couldn't dare to interrupt them by knocking and at least 4 back-and-forth trips around Science area, 2 emails, I finally settled my tutorials. Stressful times, really. But thank God the choir camp was great. Just what I needed, as Karen says. :)

* I've long realized it, but now I am absolutely convinced and determined to *drumroll please* fix my life. It's been a mess for the most part, loosely held together by rough patchwork. You know, one of those things that may seem modestly okay on the outside, but give it a good jab and it falls apart. Maybe I should start with the mess that is my room. Then schoolwork. Then (the most important part) everything else.

And oh yeah, maybe I should post some photos in my blog too! It's getting too full of text.. during the occasional times I get to blog at least. I'll try to blog more often and with less blah and more oomph. Whatever that means. Hehe. Nah, I've done too much self-censoring already to further limit myself. Hehe. On a totally unrelated note, I love you world.

OK this has been too heavy a rambling. Good morning!