Too much, too soon

Too much, too soon

OK, so this is quite a happening semester. This early, I'm already busy and loaded! And still I wanna do a bit more! Let's just make sure I don't fall into that spread-self-too-thin trap again ya?

This weekend is blogworthy actually, but I'm just too tired to blog it. And I have 8AM class later too! But yeah, I have to mark them here so that this blog may chronicle (although incompletely, I must stress) the days and months and years of my life.

So it was the Timeless Classics performance. We at NUS Choir performed with GENUS (NUS Guitar Ensemble), NUS Piano Ensemble, NUS Wind Symphony, and NUS Symphony Orchestra. - Details to HOPEFULLY follow -

Afterwards was a small after-party with terrific food including tasty tasty salmon, tarts with cheese and tarts with strawberries and grapes and kiwi, and chocolate eclairs. The most interesting of the free food was the wine! There was yummy red wine and yummier white wine! I downed one red, then one white, and thought, "Cool these are good." I was feeling some sting in the head already, but I found myself drinking yet another glass of red wine, and another of the irresistable yummy white wine afterwards.

For a while I thought wine was okay, since, well, it wasn't beer! If I get tipsy, see, it's almost always on beer. It's not often anyway, because it's only during my few clubbing sessions (really, what's clubbing without some beer). Kurien (or Yi Yong, I can't recall) reminded me of the alcohol percentage in wine, and then I realized that, oh yeah.. this is the faster way to "drunkenhood".

I was feeling good actually, and it's always nice to have wine to celebrate an occasion. We pulled off the Timeless Classics pretty well despite the overwhelming obstacles, and yeah, we were relieved it was finally over. And yeah, happy people just wanna celebrate and have fun. Huai Zhi asked if I was okay, and I told him I needed it anyway. I was feeling some burnout from school and other stuff already, and I needed to relax and destress.

Then I suddenly got a bit tipsy, and suddenly everyone thought I was drunk. I went to great lengths to prove I wasn't, but yeah, I think they didn't believe me. I'm naturally a bit weird sometimes, and I think my weirdness was rather sharpened that night. Hehe. Plus the fact that I was too defensive and out to prove I wasn't drunk probably didn't help.

Some of us went home already, but a good nine of us, the last to leave the yummy foodfest, suddenly decided to go for KTV. Haha karaoke baby! I've NEVER been in any KTV before, although I know for a fact that quite a number of choir people go to KTV places for fun. Walau, and so we dumped our stuff in Iris' room in Raffles Hall, then headed to Marina Square. It was 11:30PM when we arrived at K-Box, and we were singing all the way till closing time at 4AM! Cool, I can now manage to sing in KTV. It's a little known fact that singing alone with the mic scares me. Terrifies me even. :D But yeah, I was singing like I've been doing it all my life. Maybe I'm getting chummy chummy with my choir friends too much! Which is great, really. :D And oh yeah, I realized there are so many nice Chinese songs! I wish I could make sense of it all really, and learn the language. My occasional karaoke partner and fellow basso Yi Yong nearly totally lost his voice afterwards. And oh yeah, it's a bit sad he'll be "taking time off" of choir this year. He doesn't seem to be keen on talking about it, but good luck to him just the same with the Raffles Hall stuff (JCRC I heard).

At 4am, we decided to walk through the Esplanade area and the Merlion and the bayside area towards this big hawker center Lau Pa Sat. There we ate early breakfasts and joked around, while waiting for the morning bus. I reached hall at 7:30AM, took a shower, and plopped on the bed. After two hours I had to wake up to catch the bus for the 10:30 mass. Lunch at KFC, then I went ahead of the Pinoys since I desperately needed sleep.

Exciting Sepak Takraw match in the evening, and the first KR Choir meeting tonight at 9PM. Good stuff, although now it's past 1:30AM, and I have an 8AM class tomorrow!

It would be nice to drink more white wine though. Darn, come to think of it, it's embarrassing to be tipsy and *appear* drunk after only 4 wineglasses! Haha, I guess Kurien's not a good benchmark for drunkenness since I'll always pale in comparison. Hehe.

Hope I'm not late for class later! And dammit, I thought this shouldn't be a long entry!