The Crunch

The Crunch

Crunchtime this week. All the mugging sessions that have threatened my sanity (worsen my insanity, more like it) are all geared towards this week.

* ST2131: Probability - April 26, 5-7pm.
* EN1101E: Introduction to Literary Studies - April 28, 1-3PM.
* LSM1102: Molecular Genetics - April 28, 5-7PM.
* MA1102R: Calculus - April 29, 1-3PM.

My GEM1008: Evaluating Academic Arguments module is long over, and I've exhausted everything already and now I'll just wait for the results. The in-class test was held April 8th still (not technically the exam, since the module is supposedly "non-examinable"), but the Position Paper that drained the life out of me some three weeks ago had been marked already and I got it yesterday. Coolnesss. 80! Haha, that's very high already, seriously. Highest I think, at least among the sheets of PP's I saw in the folder containing the papers of the class. Haha shouldn't have checked really, but come on, this is the only module I'm actually confident of scoring well! :D

Still tired already, but I'm just hanging on a bit longer, extending my patience and my energy for this final stretch. So it's genetics today, then I'll read all the mountains of lecture notes for Lit (nothing much else to do, except just to think the texts through, as surely I won't read all the novels and poems and Hamlet again!).

Okay, time to drag my ass to the library again. I haven't been doing much lately, really, and I even treated myself to healthy doses of American Idol (sadly no more Anwar, as much as I liked his version of EWF's September), Eye for a Guy 2 (featuring the funny witty lovely lovely MTV VJ Denise Keller), Amazing Race (I'm rooting for you Uchenna and Joyce.. ugh, I hope what spoiler some dude posted in some forum isn't confirmed..grrrrr I hate spoilers), Survivor (I really feel for you Stephenie, and yeah, Janu, I think it was right to put down your torch.. I'd kill to be in Survivor too, you know!).

I'm still fixing my bio clock, since I've seriously turned nocturnal already. Hmm.. which mugging spot to choose for the day? Mugging buddies of the day, not sure too. Thanks Karen and Ferron and Arthur for putting up with me in our all-nighters the past few days! All the best to your exams, especially to Karen who has seriously snapped in her mad mugging for her two killer papers today. And of course, to Korinna and Ivy and Sundeep and Rotana too, who are apparently taking killer Physics today.

Let's kick-ass, fellow muggers! Ganbatte! :)


P.S.
My sister Kai is finally in Manila now. She has just graduated from Phil. Science High School in Davao, and she's off to do Food Technology at UP-Los Baños in Laguna. She'll be staying at Tito Joey's place in Quezon City for the meantime though, before enrollment and all.

As much as I'm happy for Kai, I feel a bit sad that there are no more kids in our home in Davao -- me here in SG, and Kai in Los Baños. Especially that Mama has been prodding Kai to consider studying at the Ateneo de Davao College, too. Well, just the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

Enjoy LB Kai! Being a nature-lover, you'll love it for sure. Wow, you're really a big girl now.

Dammit. I must study now. The trouble with enduring much stress is that the tendency to succumb to nostalgia is great. And that's not a good thing! Not right now, at least! Hehe. Ciao!

And oh yeah, God please give me a summer internship so I can cough out enough moolah to spend for the Czech trip and hostel accommodation!