Signs

Signs

AGAIN I shouldn't be blogging.

But let me just say WOOOOOHOOOOOO I got my first A for an essay. Coolness!

The most I got before was last sem's A- (and that was just a proposal for an unfortunate B final paper) for my Singapore Studies module.

God I'm so happy. Especially since I basically crammed the essay, as I was in deep shit working for two essays that week (both due on the same day), and since it was a literature essay, I was still thinking about which of the two topics to write on (thanks Karen for swinging me to write about motifs and metaphors instead of text-author-meaning) and was still reading Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians, the other text aside from Hamlet I was to discuss, the day before submission. And if you remember the post I did that time, it was due at 5pm, and up until past 4 o'clock I was still typing the essay (and I exceeded the word limit too by some 200 words). Yey, finally my efforts are slowly paying off.

Hmm.. again I'm getting the funny feeling I'd do better if I were in the Arts and Social Sciences faculty.

In any case, thanks to my PRC tutor for marking my paper (even if you gave me a B on the first essay haha). I think of you more kindly now. Haha, although I still maintain you ought to engage the students more in discussion, and not merely accept responses and then moving on to the next points.

It's either I'm damn lucky (or I'm damn good at essay-writing harhar) or Jesus loves me very much. Come on, really, I can't take all the credit. I'm just thankful to the forces governing the universe (whatever that means).

Probability exam later! Hiatus until after the exams!