Oh happy day

Oh happy day

Hahaha coolness. Just when I thought it would be another of those bad days, especially since I FELL ASLEEP AGAIN in my determined attempt to finish the blasted essays last night. Arthur and I even agreed to wake each other up by buzzing each other on Yahoo Messenger once in a while since our plan was,
"Walang tulugan!" As it turned out, both of us fell asleep, although at different times. Stupid little me fell asleep twice. Argh.

My essay on racial profiling was quite okay, actually, since I had a draft to work on. It needed a major make-over though, because as I've learned in my recent essays, I have a STRUCTURE problem. Anyway, it required some major shuffle of things to organize my points, but more or less the paper was 80% done. As to my other essay, the one for my Lit module, it was barely 50% done. And both were due tomorrow. Panic set in, needless to say, but my never-say-die mentality just knew I'd finish them in time by hook or by crook.

After Probability class (the last one this sem) and a yummy meal of Japanese food (always my destressor), I headed to the Science Computer Clusters to work on my essays (working on my laptop in my room has proven to be futile most of the time), and lo and behold, surprise of surprises from my NUS inbox.


____________________

From: Yeo Wei Wei
To: ...
Sent: Thu 4/7/2005 10:49 AM
Subject: Clarification about the deadline for the second essay

Dear students,
Apologies about the confusion about the submission date for the second assignment. Dr Ang and I have discussed this and we have decided to fix the deadline at MONDAY, 11 april, before 5 pm.

Best
Dr Yeo
_________________________


Haha! Wonder of wonders. Dr Yeo is one of the two lecturers for my Intro to Lit module. Nice! I can only happily blame the phrasing of the deadline, "Due in : Week ending April 8th". So that left me with only my argument module position paper due the next day, and the whole weekend to figure out the Lit essay. Woohoo.

I was so happy I gave myself a good deal of leeway, and allowed myself to indulge in the pleasures of watching the American Idol results show! Haha, right then and there too, since Mediacorp Channel 5 airs the show direct-off-satellite at 3pm, and, thanks to NUScast, I just needed a headset to watch the show right then and there in the computer room.

I've been seeing drastically less of TV the past 2 months, and watching the show was a guilty pleasure. Hehe. Fantasia sang, although I personally thought the performance was rather rough and not well-polished, yeah, even if it was electrifying and soulful and all. Nikko Smith got the boot, to my dismay, since I've always been a fan of R&B Usher-like singers.

Yet another pleasant pleasant surprise was a totally unexpected comment from someone about this blog. WOW, I still am overwhelmed. Really. Thanks! =P

Went through my last Calculus class, worked on the essay some more, then went back to hall for dinner. Room allocation matters in D Block, and coolness, all the first floor guys are staying on the same floor. First time in history, apparently. First floor the traditional phantom floor, which, on the contrary, I found quite accessible to every other place of significance in the hall. And the washroom is quite nice (it's for the disabled apparently, so we get some added comforts).

I was typing away my essay (yes all I do is write the blasted essay) again at around 10pm, when we were called for KR choir supper. This was a curious supper, as we didn't have to cook anything, and the Choir Comm just told us to turn up with utensils. WHOA, when we got there, it was a FEAST! Lots of big Canadian pizzas of at least 5 different kinds, KFC Chickensss, lots of softdrinks, some special puff with ice cream filling, and just as we were bloated, the real ice cream tubs came, in chocolate, vanilla, and cookies and cream. Sigh, I could've eaten a whole lot more, except that the human tummy can contain only so much. The tenors were quite good company too, although haha the conversation was slightly green this time. Not initiated by me, of course. Fun.

By midnight, my essay was about 95% done, so typing away was a breeze. I fell asleep before finishing it all up (blame it on the food), but it was sleep of the good relaxing kind, something I rightfully deserved.