Down the Gutter

Down the Gutter

Let it be known by all present that at a quarter past 11PM, I fell in the gutter on my way up to the Hon Sui Sen Library, and now I'm all scraped up and a bloody mess.

I was daydreaming (what else could I call it..thinking? fantasizing?) in the last bus from Central Library (I told myself I won't go back to my room until I finished reading the fascinating book, Waiting for the Barbarians), and when I finally alighted near KR Hall, I decided to go up the small slope up to the HSS Lib basement to check if the Pinoy group was still up mugging.

And before I knew it, my left leg was down the 2-foot deep gutter, my other leg still up on the pavement, my left palm on the semi-grassy concrete to make sure I didn't plop totally on the ground. I fell down hard on my arms and knees, and not without the grim realization that the bus hadn't left the bus stop yet, and that all eyes of passengers were on this absent-minded thin tall guy who fell in the gutter!

Hmph. My left palm has a small blob of blood (almost as if there was tiny hole in it), and later as I changed, I realized I scraped both my knees (although the right one has more um, intricate scraping) and my left elbow. My jeans tore a bit too (would've minded less if it were one of my worse pairs of jeans).

Anyway, as much as I grimace in pain once in a while, I'm feeling strangely fine. I think. Or, maybe I'm in denial again. Hmm.. I dunno really. (Pardon the stream of consciousness.. my mind has turned numb a bit already)

In any case, since I didn't finish my required reading in the library (again), now I'm sure I'll have enough soreness and pain to keep me up all night and finally finish the book! Then I can type my Lit essay, the topic of which I've decided I'll totally change! Woohoo. I'm sure I'll be an overachiever by Monday. =P

Good night!



Music of the Moment: Everything's Who Got the Hooch
Currently feeling vulnerable.