Amazing Race

Happy birthday to my very good friend Michael John a.k.a. le petit prince. And to one of my favorite Chinese fellas, Little Dragon (direct translation) Xiaolong! One’s just turned twenty, and the other twentysomething. Haha Mike!

Today was another busy day: I spaced out once again in my Programming Lecture, but I was able to have a good chat with a new friend Justin, so it wasn’t so bad. I had to rush this Poetry thing for our SS presentation tomorrow (and I have to say my groupmates and I are doing fairly well despite a minor glitch), and it turned out, that the KR ROCKERS band performance cIashed my scheduled chat with them 3 girl groupmates on msn for an online discussion! Argh, I thought. I managed to get a good listen to the first 2 songs of the terrific band (this time with new Year 1 members including my good friends Sens (birthday-mate too!), Sri Lankan guy Surath, and cheerful soccer player Lin). I managed to rush out a few times when I heard a good song, or when those three friends sang, telling my groupmates that I needed to pee. Haha. Good thing the dining hall turned concert hall is just 25 steps from my room.

Also tonight was the Amazing Philippine leg of the Amazing Race. It clashed again with the concert and the msn discussion, but I managed to watch the final 10 minutes, and it was worth it even if the NUS Cast could very well be showing a powerpoint presentation in disguise. Three things to say so this would be short: (1) It initially felt ODD that a world-famous show like AR would be set in the Philippines for two episodes. But after, seeing the stuff. It felt rather good. A tinge of pride, even. (2) Finally! Colin and Christie are last in 4th Place. I always wanted the good guys to win. Good in the good-natured sense. (3) Luli Arroyo, is that you with Phil?

This last bit is probably the most exciting part of my night. I jumped a little, actually. See, we’re supposed to sell mooncakes for the NUS Choir to raise funds. I checked the website to see how the buying-selling scheme would work, and this is what I found:

…So, do approach your friends, relatives etc to get these mooncakes! The more you sell, the greater amount of subsidy you will get! :) Just to assure you, none of the money raised will be deposited into the choir fund for future use but instead, it will be fully used to subsidise your trip to Olomouc, Czech Republic.

Whoa. Why do I suddenly get this Amazing Race feeling?!

Hehe. Sana matuloy. G'nyt blogster!