Distractions

Generally, it's always great to have free internet. But this evening, I think it's been luring me from studying! Oh well.

Maybe I got a little too high after I finally figured out the second of three programs we're supposed to write for Java. The autograder (all 6 of them CPUs) is a bloody perfectionist, and although my programs passed 3 out of the 6 checkers, the other 3 failed me. But of course there's the online forum on IVLE, and it's getting too crowded right about now due to the inevitable losing of minds of the beginner students in programming, but thankfully, the lab professor and some of the seniors are always willing to help. Help give hints, at least.

SOOOO.. after i successfully got that java problem in my 7th submission out of 10 allowable attempts (it seemed perfectly fine when i tested it, so i was stumped to see it failed to pass some checkers), I decided to reeeeeeessssssssst finally.

So I got a good long afternoon nap, watched a singapore idol replay of a show 2 episodes back, went to read on the Amazing Race summaries for the past weeks (Wednesday nights in the hall is always packed with stuff to do), went on to read up on the exciting premiere of Survivor: Vanuatu in a couple of weeks, checked some requirements for my SG studies (SS) module (this time we're doing poetry), and then proceeded on to blog-hop, and finally rechecked my Friendster account.

I realized that I've been spreading myself a little too thin. I haven't contacted friends and people in quite a while (since I've been quite busy), so there I was typing a bunch of testimonials for whoever I saw first. Last night, too, I wrote a couple of emails I intended to send to my yahoogroups, the place where my batchmates (titans, AJSS, classmates) and other friends get to communicate. I've been rather passive lately, the all-read-no-write type, so I felt this was the right time to email again and remind them of my existence. What do you know, the yahoogroup could not receive my emails! I tried writing using Hotmail and Mailcity (I have a bunch of registered accounts), but still the emails bounced back. I tried to correct it in the Yahoo site, but for some reason, there seems to be a glitch. Oh well. I'll try to email later. I also try to contact old friends in MSN and Yahoo, with minimal success.

Anyway, I promise to be more active now.. in Friendster! Hahaha. Maybe I was a little turned off by that hacking incident which happened sometime last month, but it's all okay now (although I still maintain that that unknown hacker should go to hell).

I realized that I've been doing more adding of friends than writing testimonials. And I think testimonials, those good sensible substantial ones of course, are enough to brighten one's day. Works for me, at least. I'm gonna do more blog-hopping of course, especially now that I learned that more friends of mine (and cousins too! Hi Ate Vida and Justin!) are blogging.

SHEESH. This isn't good now. I'm supposed to be studying, and here I am, again off-topic and digressing, telling you about how I plan to use the internet more. Great. Then again, I'm generally a bundle o' contradictions, so bear with me, will ya?

OKAY. I've come back to my senses, and I think it's Java time once again! Good night!


P.S.
Thanks to Korinna for the coooool Pepsi mini-poster that I used as door art! Gaya-gaya talaga ako, since she also used it on her door (thankfully she said it's okay since we're from different blocks). It's really cool actually. Britney, Jericho, Celine, Rico, and AMANDA in those cool Pepsi poses. Quite a happy poster, I must say. I was amazed that Rico Blanco is now a Pepsi model! How cool is that. Along with Britney, Holly (Valance), and F4's Jerry (Yen [that's how they spell his surname here when he came over to visit]). I have a question though.. who's Celine? Enlightenment please. ;)