QUICKIE

Heeeey. Isn't it just so surprising, almost shocking even, that I haven't blogged for a week! Haha. Quite a feat.

I must confess though, that I tried to blog last night, and I was about 90% done when for some reason the browser window closed (I use this neat browser called Avant Browser btw, a cross between IE and Netscape), and everything went pffffft.

But I'm not complaining much, really. Today, and for the past few days, I've been feeling strangely fine.

Anyway, I promised this would be a quick one, so maybe I'll just rush through stuff since I still have a Statistics midterm tomorrow! ;)

* Java midterm test this afternoon. Quite okay, I guess. I've been cramming for it, actually, since I learned the never-study-in-bed lesson a little too late. I had a number of errors, I realized later in my discussions with classmates, but right now, I'm just relieved that it's over.
Oh, here's an interesting image:


Cool eh? That's for our Java Lab due on Sunday, 2359hrs. It's a representation of the Mandelbrot Set (I even used it for my MSN display pic). We had to create a program that would ask user inputs about whether the image is in color or grayscale, the image width and height, and the complex number coordinates of the top-left and bottom-right pixel. Here's a detailed description of the rather interesting torture. ;)

I worked overtime for that (I was submitted the program online the other day). Days and nights even. Still, I needed help from Wayne especially (who came to my room), Arthur (who I visited in his room in my old hall KE), and Brice (who patiently put up with my pestering on MSN and YM). Thank you everyone. Appreciate it a lot.

* I'm rediscovering Friendster! I used to search for and add friends mostly, but now that I seem to be just crowding up my friend list, I've decided to make testimonials! Quite fun, actually. Endearing even.

* Remember Alfian? He actually replied to my email. I didn't expect it, really, since he's accomplished and all, but there was this reply of considerable length in my inbox. I'll post it later. I wish I could write smart like him! You just know that he's got something to say. And he's a non-conformist too, so he has all these smart pointed opinions about significant matters in Singapore society. Hmm.. what do I write about, really? Hehe. Structured and sensible blabber, more like it. But heck, humor me. I'm just a kid. All 18 years of me. Hehe.

* NUS Choir practice from 10am-4pm yesterday! My legs hurt from too much standing. But it was nice really, and I'm beginning to really like the choir and the songs (although I think people there, me included, need to be more sociable hehe). We sing a variety of songs in different languages, but what I sincerely appreciated yesterday were the religious Christian hymns like Credo and Sanctus. Sends chills down my spine, especially since it's in Latin. And these brilliant composers, how they capture the emotions of the song.

I was beginning to think that with the intense workload of the NUS choir, what brilliant destressor it was to actually listen and enjoy what we were singing. Bah, in fact, people pay to listen to the NUS Choir (2 scheduled external performances in the next 2 weeks), so I might as well enjoy listening to, um.. US. Hehe. I have a long way to go before reaching the status of the other more experienced choir members, yes, but what I like about the choir is that we blend one another's voices and sing as one, so nobody specific really gets the credit. And as long as I don't sing the wrong notes, I must be doing something right, right? Hehe. Humor me, I'm just plain exhausted. :P

* I'm quite swamped with stuff to do, really, and I'm hurdling one task after another. There's this Stats test tomorrow, a Bio assignment on Thursday, a quiz in my SG studies next week, and loads of readings to do especially in Linear Algebra (since I'm so lost and the lecturer, although with the best intentions, is not helping much). But tomorrow, IMELDA muna! Thanks Ferron for inviting! And for being a constant blog reader shempre. Thanks!

And maybe here's the opportunity to thank all the rest of my blog readers. THANKS THANKS LOADS. While I can't really do an ala superstar-speech saying I blog because of the readership (since this is supposed to be a personal thing above all, right?), but I totally appreciate people stalking and spying on me by reading my blog. Hehe. (Maybe everyone secretly wants to be a superstar haha)

Hmm.. was this quickie not quick enough? Oops. Better get back to reading my statistics notes! God bless everyone!