Fast enough so we can fly away

Fast enough so we can fly away

How fast is fast?

I know Konica Minolta has no freakin' idea what fast is, based on their handling my camera. So I turned in the camera for repair in December, was promised it would be finished by early January, and now, one week into February, the blasted camera's not yet fixed! That response I got, btw, from this lady who took her sweet time doing stuff before finally attending to me. Ugh. I am so irked. For a while there, I suspected they never ever touched the camera until I arrived to claim it. And now they say it will be done in a week or two weeks? Finally you guys rush it because I arrived in your office and showed you my irritation.

I wouldn't be annoyed really, if I don't have an event on the 8th and 18th really. Unfortunately, to my great disappointment, having it fixed by the 8th is impossible, so you guys better fix it by the 18th lest you taste my fury. I'm mad at myself enough for paying a fortune to have it fixed you know, so sourcing for anger is no problem at all.

ANYWAY, nuff of that. I thought I had forgiven them already yesterday, as right after my trip to Funan IT Mall, I walked around the strip of malls that is Raffles City, City Link, and Suntec City. It's sale galore, see, since Chinese New Year (or more accurately, Lunar NY) is on Wednesday. Robinson's even claims their sale is The Sale Worth Waiting For. So I was shop-hopping and searching for good finds all afternoon. I was about to give up, when I saw this U2 sale at Suntec! In the end I got a red U2 sweatshirt (a steal at $19 from $39) and greyish pair of pants/jeans that looks formal but not quite and looks casual but not quite (another steal at $29 from $49!), and Hush Puppies socks. Yey! Ahhh.. what they all say about this retail therapy is true indeed. ;)

* * *

Is 1 page/minute fast enough? I asked Gail on the way to Church this morning. Apparently not. I've been reading Pride and Prejudice forever for my Lit module, and with little success. I am such a slow reader. I aimed for 1 page/min last night, but I couldn't make it! Argh. I get so easily distracted. That, and the fact that I read thoroughly, going back to previous pages for reference, and that other little fact that 19th century dialogue is quite difficult to comprehend! Gelo says 1 minute/page is freakin' slow. He says that if I employed speed reading, I would've finished the 388 page book in two hours or so? Walau.


* * *

I know what's fast though. Time. (No this is not about to get profound haha) I hardly realized, but IHG is almost over, and that means the end of cheering days! Yey, I can finally save my voice for the coming concerts. And It's almost midterm time too! Can't believe a good chunk of the sem has been spent already! And of course, I didn't quite expect the past year to go by so quickly! Goodbye 18.


Okay, hafta go now. I have a date with Jane Austen. =P



Music of the Moment: Tracy Chapman's Fast Car
Currently feeling bookwormish.