Off-putting

Off-putting

I am suddenly saddened.

I cannot help but notice the malicious tone in a piece of commentary in Wayne's blog. I'm sorry, but I think the writer was also playing it a bit safe.

As much as I sincerely appreciate brutal honesty, I hate it when implied are malicious intentions on my part.

A few things:

The tickets were really worth $15.

I do not resort to tactics to sell tickets. I don't tell people to come BECAUSE ticket sales are poor. And if my persistence in asking people to buy tickets comes off as (forcing) "persuading" people, I'm sorry. What I tell people is to come if they're free and interested. I personally like the repertoire, and I thought it was potentially enjoyable for people.

During the course of the conversation, it may follow that I tell them that ticket sales are bad, but I NEVER INTENDED to use this as a reason for them to come. If they come because they pity the ticket sales, then so be it.

And yes yes, the "flimsiest reasons I've ever heard" line is mine. I used it in a totally different context though.

And what's more, never did I once think of the Czech Republic trip subsidy when I sold the tickets. I wanted us to save face by having a decent audience, so we can, as the Choir president says, hope to break even (Victoria Hall is expensive to book). We may get increased subsidy from the profit (if it exists), but I never used it to motivate me to sell, or persuade people to buy.

So as much as I thank you Wayne for coming to the show to support me, may I please request that you think less maliciously of me.