How do you measure a year?

How do you measure a year?

Yes, that Seasons of Love song is still stuck in my head.

525,600 minutes. How do you measure the life of a woman or a man?

In daylight, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee (yesss I need lots of those)? In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife? In truths that she learned? Or in times that he cried? In the bridges he burned? Or the way that she died?

Its time now to sing out, though the story never ends.
Let's celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends.

Take all of that and multiply by 19.
9,986,400 minutes and counting. Yey happy birthday!


Yes I know I should stop greeting myself since it's the day after already, so... happy Chinese New Year instead! Yey! I'm not Chinese, but I can tell it's one terrific celebration for everyone around here. Gong xi fa cai!

But really, how do you measure a lunar new year? Hmm.

* * *

Happy day yesterday (yes it's back to birthday again.. but humor me).
THANK YOU to everyone who remembered. Thanks to the wonders of telecommunication, I've been greeted by most of my loved ones! "Loved ones" sounds to mushy though, so lemme just say they're those in my Circle of Trust. Haha, that Focker movie again.

Anyway, thanks to those you greeted me through MSN, through Yahoo Messenger, through M1 and Globe, through email, through Friendster, through payphone (haha I called home for them to greet me, imagine that ;P ). And of course to those who greeted me through the card in the D-block lift, and cards of their own (woohooo I totally appreciate, Kor, Claire, Siokkah!), and to those who of course wished me well in person. :D

And to Korinna and Ivy, thanks for surprising me. Haha, I thought I foiled all your plans. Next time I'm not gonna forget to LOCK my room. They, btw, cleaned up my room! Haha, how semi-embarrassing. Hehe. And thanks for the "cake", made of cardboard and art paper on top of an aluminum-foil-wrapped metal dish! Yiheee. And of course for the Ferrero Rocher's inside.

Thanks family and friends! Thank you Lord!


* * *

So after the birthday and Chinese New Year stuff, it's back to mugging. I've got so much to do I'm practically drowning! But by hook or by crook I'm gonna finish them all! Yehey!


TV Therapy

Just watched American Idol. Ahhh.. the power of good music and great voices.

Amazing Race finale too! I was thrilled that Kris & Jon and Adam & Rebecca got into the Final Three, but I'm quite disappointed that Freddy and Kendra won. Freddy, who flared up because of some silly accident before, and Kendra, who thought that some spot in Africa was "wretched". I have nothing against models, but pleeease. And what's with the final leg in Hawaii and Chicago? I thought it was gonna get exciting and heart-stopping when they had this particularly devastating 3000-locks-to-1-key challenge in China, and then what? Skydiving in Hawaii and EATING A PIZZA in Chicago? Argh. Skydiving isn't even a competitive challenge, it's not strenuous, and once you're off the plane, you're bound to finish it in seconds. Eating a pizza? Don't get me started naming all the more brilliant final challenges of seasons past. Last season's finale with Chip & Kim, and the one with Reichen & Chip (two Chips I just realize!) were more exciting by miles. I love

But I still am totally glad that the last leg was a happy one for the runners-up. Adam and Rebecca were much more cheerful, and seemed to surprisingly get along quite well. And they weren't bitter at all! And for a formerly dating couple who's had some rocky times in episodes past, they seemed to be getting back together in this last ep. And Kris & Jon, what can I say. My models for when I need cheering up. Ahhh.. lovers in love. And can you believe the petite Kris is 30 already?! Deadringer for Britney too.

Okay. Too much time blogging. I'm gonna work my ass off tonight. Gonna finish Pride and Prejudice before sunrise! That's a promise!


[edit @7.04PM.Feb10]: Unfortunately, I finished reading the book at 2PM. Interesting story, by the way.