Woohoo

Woohoo!

Happy day!

My sister Kai passed the UPCAT! It's the entrance examination for the University of the Philippines system. And she got her first choice! Los BaƱos campus, Food Technology. Yey proud of you Kai! I told you you have to believe in yourself more. :D

Productive morning! After the euphoria of Lei Yu last night, I woke up feeling tired, but knowing there wasn't time to waste, I set out to do my tasks. So I've roughly finished my Ridge article (never mind if I can't submit it anymore for the feb/march bumper issue though! next issue!), I've done the Noteworthy Composer file for this Chinese song for KR Choir (yey Chinese song again!) before noon, and early afternoon I was able to let Jayson do the Pin Yin of the song so I can get started singing it!

And terrrrrrific KR Bash! "Bash" refers to a clubbing session of sorts here in SG, and it was coool to have partied the night with the KR people! Korinna, Ivy, Tuk and I left NUS at around 8, but due to some mishaps, it was about 10:30 when all four of us were at Rouge at Orchard. (Chingay Parade too tonight so some roads were closed). Ivy had an interesting "Mentos" moment with her sandals, see, and had to go back somewhere, but she managed to settle things eventually, and it was back to happy clubbing.

The Rockers and the Dance groups easily put up one helluva show, and with a preview of the Pageant contestants, what more could you ask for? The music was technoish/trance, and as it was easy to get lost in a packed club, I found myself dancing with everybody! I found Korinna and Ivy with partners eventually, so good little me was dancing like crazy, hovering from one spot to another. Lemme make clear though that when I say I "danced with everybody", I don't mean I danced with everyone individually. Group dance, more like it. Although for a while the random motions of clubbing brought me quite adjacent to this girl, who seemed to be, like me, dancing with everybody too. We were almost like partners, though not quite. I didn't mind, really. For all I know the guy behind her could be her boyfriend, and I wasn't interested anyway. I was dancing around, moving wherever there was an opening in the sweaty crowd, till I finally quite stayed in one place, because the floor was virtually filled. There were these guys behind me who were dancing like crazy too, and he didn't seem to notice that in his wild dance moves, he was pushing his butt against me too many times already. But I guess that's how it goes. I didn't even seem to mind too much that my good Hush Puppies were stepped on so many times, or that the lady at the counter seemed to be deaf, consequently taking me 30 minutes at the queue to get a drink, or that the whole place reeked of smoke.

There was this guy dancing alone behind Korinna during the earlier part of the night, and man, what dance moves! The dance floor wasn't too packed yet, and he had a good stretch of floor where he showcased his moves. Cool. Someday I'll dance like that too. ;) I seriously think there's an art to clubbing, and some people just get it, and some people don't quite. I don't think I get it too much myself yet, but most definitely I like letting the music get through me, such that when I close my eyes its rhythm takes control.

Later on, a glass of beer and two vodka (with 7 up) glasses later, dancing continued, although at around 1:45am, I found that the KR crowd seemed to have turned into angmohs all! Apparently, most of the KR crowd made their way home already. Ivy and Kor, who wanted to go home earlier (Tuk had left much earlier because of her work the next day), were nowhere to be found! They had earlier asked me to leave at around 1am, but I gently offered to stay longer since it took forever to get a drink. My phone was dead, and I looked all over the place for them. No sign of them and my phone dead. I went out to look for a payphone, but I stupidly realized as I picked up the phone that I don't memorize their numbers too! So I went back, and surprise surprise, they were back on the dance floor. Of course I didn't mind dancing more, and it was great, since the DJ played some really bouncy reggae music! And there was even this song where the clubbers were to shout along in response to the music.

Apparently, Korinna's partner was enjoying himself too much, and having bought her a drink, Kor felt like she had to dance with him. It was hard to split them up at past 3am, when Ivy seemed intent on going home. I was okay with anything.

So Sundeep and Kor and Ivy and I took a cab and arrived back at KR, shortly before 4am.

I think once in a while I should go out clubbing more. It's therapy I think. Music gets me on a natural high.;)


P.S. Sorry incoherent post again. Try blogging after clubbing. Hehe.