Lost and Found

Lost and Found

Thanks Wayne for informing me that I my post wasn't really lost after all. I just mistakenly posted it in the NUSchika blog, simple as that. Can't you tell I'm getting more disoriented by the minute?

I've never posted in the NUSchika blog before, since I feel I don't have anything to say that would merit as chika (it's Filipino for "gossip" in the usual sense, but has come to mean any form of talk, especially of the juicy kind). And since what I talk about is me anyway, why not post in my own blog instead, right?

Besides, the NUSchika blog is more commonly used to check the updates on the blogs of Pinoys here in NUS through these site feeds from our blogs. Something like Kinja or Bloglines, if your familiar with them. So in essence, since I am a frequent blogger, I do posting of sorts too right?

OK, so here's my found lost post. Originally posted yesterday, 16/02/05, at 9:21AM.

_______________________

Not-so-hell Weeks

I never believed in ABSOLUTE hell weeks. I may be swamped, and it may take long hours mugging and banging my head on the wall before I finally catch up with my lessons, but I'm okay. I'm not miserable and on the verge of a breakdown (although passing out would be somewhat a relief of sorts). But as I've said, I'm not tortured yet, and I still find time to laugh and play and be merry and be pleasantly surprised by little things. I still think that God gives us enough happy things to keep us going.

Sometimes I think I'm a little schizo. I get terribly distraught by my burdens, but the next moment I'm okay and cheerful. Funny, some people tell me to loosen up because every time they see me I'm always stressed, and some people say I'm too cheerful every time they encounter me. I couldn't tell how I behave myself, really.

Maybe I'm just one who's more optimistic than I seem, or someone who secretly wishes goodwill to abound! But I don't care much for snobs, bleh.

* * *

Okay, so I've survived the first few days. Cheering is finally over with the IHG Closing last night, I've submitted my GEM1008 argument summary for which I've been killing thousands of brain cells by rereading the article over and over again, I've rushed up making the Noteworthy Composer music file of this nice Beatles song for Choir and conducted the tenor sectionals, I managed to survive my Genetics Lab (much credit to my partner Kathy!), and I've been to the first few practices with the Singapore Chinese Orchestra, the opera singers & other choirs. And then there's Varsity Voices '05 next week!

Yey, what I like (though not immediately) about being swamped is that when the stuff's all over, I'm rewarded with a sense of accomplishment.

Now on to the Ridge article, more rehearsals with SCO for the next few days and finally the Leiyu performance at Esplanade on Friday! Then KR Bash on Saturday! Oh, I have yet to make my Power Notes for Probability class!

Needless to say, I'm gonna survive all this. Of course.



Music of the moment: The Beatles' Here There and Everywhere
Currently feeling like doing some room-cleaning.