Let me just say that the Esplanade Concert Hall is simply mind-blowing. And performing in it is just.. wonderful.

Never mind if we're just singing in the background. There's this terrific cast of opera singers acting out a depressing yet powerful story of love, lust, betrayal and family, the Singapore Chinese Orchestra with their coolest instruments, Tsung Yeh the most animated, most cheerful conductor I've ever seen, and there are these professional choir singers from Shanghai, and the Victoria Chorale, two choirs with which the NUS Choir sings.

Performance is tomorrow... er, later at 7:30pm.
It's Lei Yu (Thunderstorm). I finally figured out the story fully yesterday! Coolness. Because finally, they showed subtitles on this screen in our practice at SCH! But in our dress rehearsal hours ago at the actual venue, there was no screen anymore, so it was like watching me watching Channel 8. But at least I know now what exactly is happening in the story as I watch the actors/singers go through their act.

* * *
When I arrived from the rehearsal outside at 11:45pm, I thought I had missed my KR Choir practice at 10pm, but walau, they were still practising! So I ran in the room and as expected, tenors lacked manpower again. But they/we were quite cheerful and in the mood today, so that's okay.

Missed my Ridge deadline. Too bad. Maybe next issue?

Sigh. I am so freakin' swamped these days. As my MSN nick says, "someday I'll pass out and will finally be relieved from all this stress."

Okay, time to go to bed. 8am class later.