Midnight ramblings

Midnight ramblings

Sometimes I wonder why on earth I chose this kind of life. This kind of life in the university, I mean. (Haha, I'd like to think I'm still happy in all other aspects) My God, lately I've been feeling totally swamped and near burnout point. Sometimes I ask if I'm just too lazy, or if I've accepted too many chores (Choir 1, Choir 2, Cheer Comm, Int'l Relations Comm, the Ridge, Molecular Genetics with Life Science majors, ST2131:Probability to crack my head up, and EN1101E:Intro to Literary Studies, which although fun, is killing me with the readings), or if I just don't properly juggle my stuff, or if I'm having more than my fair share of sociability (not that I have a hyper social life too) that I neglect my studies.

I remember Dr Miranda's speech during the Graduation of Batch '02 (one year ahead of me) in my high school, Phil. Science HS. He said that we can forget everything he said, except the one part he was to say next (which if I'm not mistaken, he quoted from someone else too.. probably the speaker on his own graduation?). Three things in college, he says: (1) High Grades, (2) A Terrific Social Life (3) Lots of Sleep. The reality of it is that one can only get TWO of those three. And it rings true, if you do all the possible combinations (reminds me to study for Probabality).

Funny, I don't have uber high grades (quite decent may be the right term), my social life is so-so, although (I think) I'm more outgoing than the normal person, and walau, yessss, I lack sleep. Maybe I'm being too flexible I'm spreading myself too thinly, that I don't even excel in any one aspect. Maybe I should stop being a chameleon, and finally go figure myself out. (One of my favorite X-men characters was Morph, too, btw, with Cyclops beating him by just a few points)

I can sense I'm not going anywhere, but that's just my tired mind speaking aloud. I skipped my Calculus class the other day because I overslept, had back-to-back Choir practices till almost 1am, the next day Friday had to cram my paper, didn't have time to do tutorials, went on a semi-futile trip to Clementi, and just now came from 4+ hours cheering for KR's Netball and Sepak Takraw teams. And for the weekend, I have to do lotsa stuff! I shall not say them all lest I burden you with my woes. ;)

But I'm not too miserable, really. In fact, I'm not miserable at all. I'm exhausted and sleepy and spent, but more than anything, I'm thankful to have survived the past week. Thanks Lord, for giving me enough laughter and happy little things to keep me afloat.



Music of the moment: NUS Choir's The Continental
Currently feeling reflective.