NOTES TO SELF

allow me four words before i begin: LECHENG PHYSICS TEST YAN.

there. that feels better.

fresh from my (lecheng) physics test this morning, as i trekked up the long and winding uphill staircase from lecture theatre 26 to my 4th floor room via a shortcut (which happens to be a HILL, btw), i conjured up mental notes which i thought were worth remembering.


1) you can NEVER EVER EVER study enough.
badtrip. dahil sa isang RC Circuit question where i confused the formulas for discharging and charging processes, a good 10 points went kaput. (sana may points kahit papano, though... and did i mention this is a 34-item test?)


2) dr. roland su is a kind person. he won't let me fail. he won't send me an email telling me to work my ass off MORE.
dr. roland su is a kind person. he won't let me fail. he won't send me an email telling me to work my ass off MORE.
dr. roland su is a kind person. he won't let me fail. he won't send me an email telling me to work my ass off MORE.

[the horror i felt as i was about to check my inbox last time, during the first test. GOD that was scary. he sent emails to some of my friends, see. for the record, i didn't receive any mail. =)]

my high school buddy and einstein fan wilay calls it "mind over matter". or maybe it's just plain self-hypnosis. and i read too that sometimes quantity turns to quality. basta. i'm too tired to explain.

dr. roland su is a kind person. he won't let me fail. he won't send me an email.
dr. roland su is a kind person. he won't let me fail. he won't send me an email.
dr. roland su is a kind person. he won't let me fail. he won't send me an email.


3) NEVER EVER believe it when rotana says he's gonna fail a test or exam.

rotana is this brilliant cambodian guy who seems to have "inner peace".
always calm, always polite, never complaining even if his talkative buddy nirorn hits him on the shoulder (average of about 20x in a day) for no reason at all.

rotana's a good guy, don't get me wrong. but he's just too smart to fail.
in last semester's math exam, he told me after the exam that he thought he was gonna get F minus.
F MINUS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! that's BELOW the failing mark even! it doesn't even exist.

anyway, he got an A+. not A, mind you, which is already ceiling-high. A+, is for those, ahem, with distinction.
(um, i got a surprising B- by the way.. surprising in the sense that i thought I would fail! and this time, i was SERIOUS! =P)

rotana was telling me today that he was gonna fail this one. haha.


4) [still related with #3] just don't even compare with others.

i learned during lunch with karen and sister pau, and ivy and korinna at The Deck the other day, that ivy and kor didn't find the first physics midterm TOO difficult. i mean, they thought it was quite manageable, and not brain-busting.

well i thought it was brain-busting. and i thought everyone else thought it was.
oh well. FACE IT jose. it's so damn easy to fade into obscurity in this school you're in.
or maybe in college in general. but i don't really know.


5) and yeah. eat japanese food for lunch.
nothing tastes like it. always the anti-depressant. the surefire solution to remedy problems caused by screwed-up tests. =)
and yesssssssssssss, american idol tonight! i'm praying it's camile velasco's TIME TO SHINE this time.

i feel better already. now if i just catch some sleep, everything'll be all good.