SPEAK NO EVIL

hey blogster. i shouldn't be blogging right now, pero it turns out i need to find some form of release. i'm afraid my roommate afzaal and i, however long we've been staying in E408, haven't reached a buddy-buddy-warm-and-fuzzy emotional status just yet, so i'm confiding it all to my new best friend, you! hahaha.

no really, i just need to let go of this great tension inside. i'm tired and sleepy and a little annoyed. sigh. it really must be the weather. no more rain though, but it sure is cool (literally).
xaypanya, my laotian fellow bridging scholar whose english assignments i dutifully check, told me last night that he decided not to study in the study room despite his supposed firm resolve to study like crazy. it was raining, he said, and it makes him lonely! i couldn't agree more. (besides, it was a much longer path to the study room, since we couldn't use the shortcut, lest we get drenched.)

anyway, my good friend dea told me once that when your feeling down or low-energy or just depressed, you should, get this: GO TO A TREE AND HOLD ITS TRUNK.
thought it was some funny joke, but she added, "i'm serious!" it was supposedly an experiment proven by scientists or something. oookay. =)

but then again, it's not really an out-of-this-world idea, if you think about it. it's all about good energy when you think about it, and what better creatures than trees, ripe with age and experience but seemingly blossoming afresh.

i might just go out to the jungle outside my room and go hold a tree trunk tonight, when nobody's watching and i'm far away from the security camera.

but really, maybe i just miss my friends in the philippines. kerwin and jacques and michael and jasper, and kaye and kristia and lyn and kaye aranetats and kirth and mena and thirdie and sondra and gino and aura and raissa and the rest of the titans, shempre my aj friends din who i haven't seen for the longest time. and, needless to say, my family. dad, ma, kai, lolas and cousins and aunts and uncles and DBP housemates. i swear, if i'm not only broke and if i didn't have any need to save, i'd go buy myself a $20 phonecard (with additional $3 bonus!) and call home.

maybe i just miss them all the more now that i'm so exhausted and sleepy and a little annoyed at something that i read. but no, i'm not gonna mutter and complain TOO MUCH anymore.. in fact, i'm gonna bite my tongue and speak no evil. you, my dear bloggie, are my outlet.

or maybe it's more like that beyonce song, "me, myself, and i".
it says something like, "from now on i'm gonna be my own best friend".


HALT!
blog getting cheesy alert!

gotta go mug na nga. (mug is a term they like to use here in singapore to mean to work hard or sumthing.) lotsa things to do, so little time.


now if only i could find the perfect tree.


p.s.
got 39/40 in my math midterm. not bad! that's very good in fact.
but it's just a little sucky that i could've gotten perfect if only i added fractions correctly!!
darn. i lose a point not because of calculus, but because of fractions.
but it's okay, really. one point's not much. =)

got 21/30 in statistics midterm. dr lee jin, even was kind enough to tell his 200+ students (that's my estimate) interesting facts about the midterm.
mean score = 19.63, with a standard deviation = 5.46.
and, he added with emphasis, that mean is not 20!
19.63 is statistically different from 20. he even suggested we do the t-test if we're interested.
hahaha.
now that's a genuine statistics teacher!

my score's quite low actually, and it's annoying (won't complain much won't complain much) that i got mistakes because i was confused only in reading the chi-squared table!!
i mean, the computation for test statistic was okay, but i simply managed to screw up just the reading of the table for interpretation of the test stat. oh well. the other mistake was that i used z-test instead of t-test (analyze more carefully next time!=P).

but get this, i was really happy that i got 5 points (still not the full marks) for the last question. it was the toughest question, mind you, and some my fellow scholars found it quite confusing. they end up having higher marks than me still, but i'm glad i got higher marks in that question. ;) especially that when we were buzzing around right after the midterm last week, they concurred that they got the same answer and i had a different one. wala lang. my redeeming grace, kahit mas mababa pa rin final score ko. hihihi. =)