THE SCHOLAR'S PLEDGE

On my honor, I pledge allegiance to the academe of the National University of Singapore.

I hereby solemnly swear to study for my second Physics midterm test on March 31st, my Statistics exam on the 12th of April, my Mathematics exam on the 15th, and my Physics exam on the 17th, and to perform all necessary obligations to achieve excellent marks.

I shall dutifully answer and revise my tutorial problem sets, rummage through my piles of papers and lecture notes, read and re-read the necessary books, attempt to answer the past year exam papers, all in the hope of enriching my knowledge so as to be sufficiently armed for the coming examinations.

I shall stay away from the Internet unless necessary, and I shall cut my worthless surfing time by half. By three quarters even.

And yes, henceforth, the study room shall be "the place to be".

I commit myself to these pursuits in the name of glorious academics, in the service of the Singapore government, to which I owe this generous scholarship, and in the service of the Philippines, of which I am proud to be a citizen.

So help me God.

Again, for emphasis, so help me God.