And a good time to breakdown is..

And a good time to breakdown is..

..right. about. now.

Hehe. Really, because of the exams looming in the very very near future, everyone in Kent Ridge Hall has turned nocturnal. The dining hall, which is just some twenty steps away from my room, is packed with eyebag-ridden muggers, even right now, at half past 2am. Talk about stress, people. I've been doing my all-nighters the past few days, where I sleep at around 5-6am (sorry Ma, if you're reading this.. hehe), and right before I retire for the night (or morning) after a quick wash-up, I take a peek at the dining hall and lo and behold, the crazy bunch (who apparently took the term "all-nighter" more seriously than I did) would still be there, quietly ruffling through their lecture notes, or staring at their laptops, typing away.

I'm glad though, that I'm finally done with my revision for Linear Algebra. I realized that Dr Roger Poh is indeed a not-too-good (read:bad) lecturer since I picked up more substantial stuff from reading my reference books, but I give him credit for making quite impressive solutions to our tutorials (or maybe I haven't been studying too well?). I've filled about 7/8 of my help sheet (more popularly known among students as "cheat sheet"), which is basically an allowable A4-size paper with handwritten notes, so I'm more or less done with a "rough" revision.

Thanks to Mr Pringles for keeping me company, Howard Anton (Contemporary Linear Algebra, 2003) for being my new best friend, and Nescafe Frothe for keeping me high. God I finished a whole can of Pizzalicious Pringles in two days on my own. About time too, anyway, since my knuckles were turning sore from letting my big hands dig into the tall can.

But of course, things don't stop here. Do you think I'd allow the crazy muggers out there to NOT influence me to study? Hah. You should see the libraries in NUS too, on regular schooldays around this time (today (yesterday) was a holiday, btw, so Happy Hariraya to all Muslims), and you'll see the biggest library mob in your whole life. The effect, perhaps, of the meritocratic education system in Singapore (that I learned in my non-examinable SS module ;)).

So it's Programming from now till Thursday, then I'll brush up my Linear Algebra for Friday's exam. Then it's the open-book final exam for Programming on Saturday.

And now for another all-nighter with my Java notes! Yeeeeey.