Sing when you're winning

Sing when you're winning

Nope, my revision for my coming exams aren't over yet (and it's still a long way ahead too), but I've grown less bitter now. Why I was even bitter in the first place can be blamed on the external factors that have conspired against me, like the totally unpredictable weather (oh yes I got soaked once again when I went to mass just now) that's making me feel so lethargic, this trio of NUS-VPN Client, Norton Internet Security, and Windows XP Service Pack 2 that's been screwing up my internet connection, and several little things here and there that've been hindering me from mugging.

My change of disposition can only be attributed to MUSIC. I've had a healthy dose of music videos last night, thanks to Kiko's link to AOL Music (argh I miss MTV.. no cable in Kent Ridge hall). Anyway, Maroon 5's Harder to Breathe Live performance with surprise surprise, Rob Thomas was way cool. In fact, I suddenly realized that Harder to Breathe could very well be a Matchbox20 song.. Anyway, I finally saw videos that everybody seems to have watched already. Props to Eminem for making the ultra-catchy Just Lose It (although I don't like Mosh), to Usher and his string of cool videos (hah I watched Confessions only now), and Destiny's Child for making a hot comeback as a group. Those girls can dance, all right, and you'll literally be given a double treat in Lose my Breath. Alicia Keys.. what can I say. She's very pretty, don't you think? I like her better in My Boo than in Karma though. I spent some time going through the live sessions too, of Maroon 5 and Jason Mraz.

It was therapeutic, I tell you, listening to music. I turned off my Windows Media Player (with my 2000+ mp3s) for a while so I could study, and I found myself singing aloud in the wee hours of the morning as I was mugging. Haha. Good thing my Singaporean neighbors are home for the weekend, so I even had a singing-in-the-shower session. Haha. Good practice for the NUS Choir caroling sessions in December. ;)

Anyway, I'm feeling giddy and recharged today. Must be the homily too, by Fr Ignatius Yeo. I realized that there is a difference between endurance and putting up with something. For a while there I felt the homily was for me, as now I know I should endure my intense student chores, and not put up with them.

Hmm.. I'm in a rapping mood right now. Haha, believe it or not, I was into Bone Thugs some years back. One of the few perks of being able to speak at lightning speed is that you can manage to do some Bone Thugs stuff. I'll post the lyrics of my favorite Bone Thugs rap next entry.

Happy mugging, Joseph.