Swamped Series 2

Swamped Series 2

You know you're swamped when you have so many things to do, when you can't even remember all of them and you have to write them up on your ever-reliable whiteboard, when you don't which freaking one to start working on first, and when, as a result of all this madness, you just decide to do something totally unrelated -- blog.

Or watch movies. Or download and rush through the last episodes of the first season of the OC since the new season premiere is just around the corner (or is it over yet in the US?).

Argh. I need focus.

Anyway, I had an interesting day in Chinatown by my lonesome this afternoon. It was quite refreshing to get out of the hall, out of NUS for a while (and not just in nearby Clementi too, where I go weekly to Church and grocery).

I brought my choir suit to the tailor for repair (the 2nd-hand suit's sleeves were two inches short), and had my measurements taken for the pants. It was surprisingly quick, so I strolled around People's Park Centre, and went to OG for a look at the shirts and bags and shoes. I realized that it's either I'm broke or everything in Singapore is just too pricey.

Well I am running broke, which is the awful truth (what with my two week extension in hall for the choir's events (S$120), plus the food and travel expenses I'm sure to incur in that two weeks(S$x), and the cost of my suit (S$y)), and OF COURSE everything in the richest country in Southeast Asia (where did I read that? ahhh my SS readings) is bound to be expensive.

Sigh. I want to splurge when I'm swamped and stressed. Turns out I must hold on to dear Yusof bin Ishak notes so I can still survive until December 20.

Hmm.. lotsa readings for my SS to do, and my Java program awaits its construction.
Konting tiis na lang, Jose.