Long line of leavers

Long line of leavers

That's the title, too, of an album of this cool Christian band Caedmon's Call (hits include Love Alone, Can't Lose You).

But really, everyone's leaving! Hah. I knew it was coming, this slow exodus of Pinoys back to the beautiful Philippine islands (although still hit by typhoons right now), but it was just lately that it's finally sunk in.

There was a despedida (farewell) party for the Filipino exchange students at Hon Sui Sen Library basement a few hours ago, and, although I was an hour late since I fell asleep on my bed due to a busy day at Choir and in Orchard, I was able to pop up at around 10pm to catch two heavenly slices of pizza and of course meet up with those folks who're about to leave. [They add to the growing list of leavers since November 30: the bridging kids (minus Robs), Wayne, Diana, Korinna, Brice, Mike, Brian, Dustin.]

I'm not particularly close to the exchange students, especially those who're from Ateneo de Manila and who stayed here for only a semester, but they seemed so friendly and nice I regret not knowing them much. Although there was this grouping of sorts in the party, something La Salle exchange student RJ was obviously distracted about (he's also leaving for good), we managed to do some quick small talk with the Ateneans, and they seemed to be such pleasant people and I didn't want them to go just yet. Funny, during the photo-taking, this friendly exchange guy Brian and I were introduced to each other. Hah. Right before he was about to leave too. Hah. Yes, late is still better than never.

The exchange people from La Salle (the archrival of fellow high-end university Ateneo), RJ and Tasj, seemed to be relishing these last few moments as well, that will cap their two-semester stay in Singapore. Tasj was especially friendly and nice and quite vocal that she was gonna miss Singapore and the people, often saying this will prolly be the last time we'll see each other, and RJ was busily taking photos of everyone, with everyone, and of himself. Hee.

It was a good night to cap my busy day, too. We had some good conversations with Arthur, Gelo, and the cards fanatic Robinson, and I enjoyed playing cards with the Pinoy bunch (Robs included of course). Afterwards, at past midnight when the rest had gone home, I joined Paul, Nestor, Karen, and Joline in indulging in what they called "existentialism bullshit", but which turned out to be most interesting. This led to other philosophical questions and depression-related and relationship-related questions. Haha. Maybe because Karen and Joline have had "eventful" experiences lately. And yes, they involve leavers too. I'm sure you'll both cope. ;)

About the existentialist part, the part where we all question our life's purpose and meaning on this planet, I was rather not too fascinated anymore. I mean, I've gone through this existentialism stuff with my cousins in Manila, and with my AJSS friends during those eventful six weeks of Ateneo Junior Summer Seminar in Summer of 2002. Well, long nights in Cervini Hall with other smart and crazy teenagers (God I miss them), what can i say.;) I've gone through that phase, and, I was quite glad tonight to be reminded that I am content with my life, and that it doesn't take much to make me happy. It was interesting though, to hear what Karen and Joline, who apparently are currently in this phase, have to say about the topic. The ever-opinionated Paul handled the blabber quite nicely. Hehe. Quite fun, we were laughing half the time, the other half philosophizing and reflecting and teasing.

Maybe I'll post photos later. But for now, I have to get some sleep! Choir performance tomorrow for SAFRA at Mt Faber. SAFRA apparently is the Singapore Air Force or something, and I hope the choir sings the carols well, considering we sorely lack practice.. or at least I do! Good night!