Photos galore!

Photos galore!

December 19 was photo day. It was the eve of Karen's birthday too (happy birthday you Karen you!), and we spent the day with fellow bass chorister Kundi at the Esplanade and later in Orchard for dinner.

This is supposed to be a short blog entry (short of text that is), and one of those extremely rare photoblog entries I make. My digicam is still at Konica for repair, so it was grrrrreat that Kundi the photography afficionado brought his cam!

***

What's wrong with these lovely pictures of the NUS Choir during their Esplanade Concourse performance? Stare at the photos carefully. Get the answer right and I'll kiss you.





Of course, what's wrong is that I'M NOT IN THEM! No-brainer question. =P

Hehe. These photos were taken on December 19th, the second day of the show. I had to sit it out since there were too many basses already (8 basses & 5 tenors), and not everyone was able to perform on the first day, the day I sang (See previous entry). It was fun playing audience though.. as much I wanted to sing. I <3 NUS Choir!

And yes, I'm gonna sleep more during the Christmas break to rid me of these zits from hell. Ugh.

***

After the two 30-minute sessions of the Choir, and while waiting for the Choir to get out of the dressing room, Karen and I took the opportunity to take photos of ourselves! And all right Karen, I (sadly) admit I'm no longer photogenic and yes I ruin the photos. Hmph. I still maintain though, that I'm the better photographer (nope, I shall not agree that Karen is photogenic haha). It takes a good photographer to bring out the right emotions, you know.



Nice ones right? In fact, for the last one, Karen agreed that the photo, for some reason, made her boobs bigger. Hah.

Look what photos Karen took of me gave in return.




Ugh. Karen messed my hair (don't fix it! she said), told me not to smile, because we were working on this new look: the smirk. I couldn't quite get it, because I'm a smiley not a smirkey. Okay, so maybe I'm not as camera-friendly anymore.

But wait, here's the worst shot of all. I dunno what on earth Karen was thinking. She didn't even mean to do it.

There. Joseph as Peter Rabbit.

But for some reason, Karen took a risk at a candid shot, and it was quite acceptable. ;)

Hah. Maybe I'll use this photo for my next blog template. =) I mean, even if it isn't superb, there are definitely worse pics.

Here's a shot of Karen and me. I took this photo because Karen's arm wasn't long enough. Hah.


***

By this time, Kundi arrived from the dressing room and took terrific photos. What can I say.


A pretty pink flower!

Some artist had an exhibit of his fiber glass creations. They're basically images of really big (read:fat) people with big heads and big body parts. Cool artwork, I must agree.


The beautiful Esplanade. It's pronounced /esplaneyd/, I insist. Also known as the durian, the bumblebee, or whatever else. Cool place.




Karen was playing around. I was harassed.


Me and the small but big city.


This one's cool. If you've seen CSI:New York, this could very well be one of the show's favorite shots. But of course, there's the Merlion and no Statue of Liberty.


To Jay. There actually was a ferry named Princess Jasper. Funny. At least your name's royalty, Jay. ;)


Oh, and here's some cotton candy.

We walked around, sat around, went to the Fullerton Hotel a.k.a. the Grandest Hotel in Singapore to take a leak (and it felt good!), went window shopping a bit.


On the way to City Link Mall to MRT Station to Orchard and to this cool outdoor resto, NYdC. We learned it stands for New York Dessert Cafe.

Whatever it means, it means this:

That's Mochamisu for Kundi, non-frightening Screamin' Demon Cheesecake for Karen (because Mango Tango Cheesecake was unavailable), and Irish Cream Coffee Elephanccino
with a scoop of Chocolate Chip ice cream for me. Terrific pasta too before this. Tres Amigos for both me and Kundi, and Karen went All-American. Their menu's the coolest.. I wanted to keep it as a collector's item! Or at least, it was an entertaining read with wacky pictures. NYdC's officially one of my new favorite places on Earth.

Wisdom nugget: Don't ever go to Orchard Road on the last Sunday before Christmas. It was swarming with people, and there was this parade too. I thought I was gonna drown in the see of people when we crossed the pedestrian lane. And of course: Don't even attempt to queue up for a cab at the taxi stand even if it's 11pm. Take the bus.

With all this said, happy birthday to Karen the Queen of "Cheesecakes".
(Note the quotation marks. Hah.)


Music of the Moment: Ding Dong Merrily on High
Currently feeling Christmassy of course!