Yearender Report

Yearender Report

6 hours and 9 minutes to go! I'm not exactly itching to start afresh, but it feels good to have a new sheet of paper to write on or tear apart or smear mud on or mutilate or whatever. It's great that here's another chance.

This isn't a detailed yearender report like those 2004 yearender TV specials chronicling newsworthy items throughout the year, though. It's just a short entry I'm squeezing in once again, in my attempt to mess with CORS, or the Centralized Online Registration System of NUS. It's a report saying I'm still here, I'm still alive, and I'm having a blast.

I'm doing great! I went to my friend Jesa's debut at the posh Marco Polo Hotel the other day, where the theme was informal, something of a bar. It was basically one big clubbing session, complete with lavish cocktales, but with some small party games and some snippets of her artsy pretty-pretty cheerleader-kind life flashed onscreen. Very cool. And instead of us bringing gifts, she instead wanted us to donate a few pesos to send some out-of-school youth back to school. Very nice. And it was reunion too, of my friends in high school (hehe who I meet about twice a year anyway hee), and even those in grade school! Total blast from the past. It was super. I learned later that most everyone had the impression that I had turned to a drunkard of sorts already! Note to self: Drink your SMB's quick, and don't hold the bottle while dancing (even if it's convenient).

Yesterday, we had an overnight at this lovely lovely family resort of Clang, one of my batchmates. It was a high school reunion (as if Jesa's reunion wasn't enough) and it was jsut the perfect place to unwind and relax and talk and laugh! It was the perfect place, really. There was a hanging bridge, some hammocks, viewdecks that give a terrific view of the sea, an open dining area with a bar and TV with karaoke(!), a small swimming pool, some of those whatchamacallit beds/benches that sunbathers use, and this newly-built antique-style resthouse for Clang's mom. All that plus my high school friends. Great fun, needless to say.

I've been out almost every day I'm here, going out to shop for gifts (always futile but it's fun walking around) or to meet up with friends and watch a movie, and also, there was this other time, I went out with my lola to watch Mano Po! Hehe. First time she's seen a movie in the cinema after 3, 5 years? My sister's turned 16 too, and she had a blast hiking up this hill of sorts in this island near Davao. ;)

Anyway, I have a few days left before I head back to SG, so I'm making sure I maximize every minute! Have a happy new year everyone! Be sure to make those new year resolutions, even if you don't keep them (try at least). =)