Productive, sort of

Productive, sort of

Well, that's if you count sleeping as productive. Ivy totally agrees with me, as we both know that sleep was a luxury all students had to give up during the exams some weeks ago. Now that nothing's hindering me from taking my sweet time, I got large doses of sleep this morning and this afternoon, in effect rendering me nocturnal (as usual -- stupid body clock needs serious adjustment).

But really, I was quite productive. I managed to do something that's terribly overdue: EMAIL! I've sent some 7 emails or so today to my different yahoogroups, and to my editor Nurul at the Ridge's Outspoken desk. I've turned painfully silent in my yahoogroups, and easily qualified for the all-read-no-write club, and now that my conscience could bear it no longer, I finally posted. And note that I usually write long emails, so it was quite an accomplishment (although I'm proud to say I'm getting better at trimming them).

I also managed to clear out my mountain of laundry! Ahh.. I just love it when the bars for hanging clothes just outside my room are laden with jeans and shirts and shorts and underwear. Hee. And I've washed my utensils and fixed up my room a bit! Proud of myself.

About the REAL task at hand, though, which is to write the article for the Ridge, let's just say I'm still uninspired. God knows so many thoughts have been zooming in and out of my head in my search of good topic and content, but so far I'm still stumped. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to act on the two random ideas I'm seriously considering right now. Oh well. Tomorrow's THE day, and there'll be no more blasted excuses, you Joseph you.

The NUS Choir chalet is gonna be at Sentosa on the 13th! Two days and one night. I checked the forum and it turns out my few buddy-buddies in choir aren't turning up! Derence has some Church Camp (although he already paid and signed up), Charles has a research presentation, Swee Shean is busy with some research, and even Michael and Kurien's names aren't on the list! (Jeremy is going though, but sometimes he's too much of a loner and pessimistic know-it-all even for me.) See, I don't get to really connect with the fellas at the Choir since we sing most of the time. And some people tend to be clique-ish, so that's that. Or they're more comfy speaking Mandarin? Anyway, do I sense a challenge to my social skills? Haha, I'm thick-skinned anyway, so I might as well utilize it to the fullest. Would be more fun if everyone could come though.

It's past two AM and it's about time I get myself some sleep again. But I'm gonna make a promise, though -- that I won't blog until I'm done with 75% of my article. Hah. I could never work without a soon-enough deadline.

Good night!


Music of the moment: Jason Mraz's Sleep All Day (live version)
Currently feeling excited about tomorrow's accomplishments! Yeah!