Back!

Back!

Guess who's back. Back in Singapore. Back to unlimited internet access. Back to glorious schoolwork. Back to downloading TV shows. Back to blogging!

I miss home already, don't get me wrong. My laughing sister who forever thinks she's growing fat (she's not really, but she needs to lay off from the TV more hehe), my mom and dad and lolas and family and friends, I miss them all! But maybe I'm just so busy with stuff, POSSIBLY and strangely excited about school maybe, that I don't feel so homesick anymore. At least, not as much as some friends I know here.

It only struck me that I'm FINALLY back here to do my more serious occupation of studying when the Silkair plane finally touched down on Singapore. I've always been anxious everytime a plane lands, maybe because I feel that it's the best time (the worst time actually) for a disaster to strike. But this time, when the wheels hit the ground with a thud and a screech, accompanied by that sickening pop in the ears, not only did I feel anxious, but this feeling of "Holiday's over you bastard, get your act together because it's time for serious mugging!". Something like that.

For the first time, the 3-hour trip didn't seem long, too, mainly because I was seated beside a friendly and talkative Pinay girl who was to fly for Israel after a short layover in Singapore, and airplane food is always nice. Yummy white wine and orange juice too. Made me forget my usual plane-ride headache. And unlike my last trip back to Changi Airport, I didn't get lost anymore when claiming my baggage. Hah.

Singapore's a nice place. It's nice to see everything still normal here. The same bright city lights, the same bustling metropolis lined by trees and greenery, the same messy hostel room, the same foreigner neighbors and same Pinoy group (although Robs is sporting a new haircut now..thank God. Looks great on him, really. No more afro! Haha!)

I'm pleased at the familiarity that has greeted me when I arrived, and I hope that you Singapore will be good to me this semester. I had a funny feeling it was a little hostile to me last year. Haha, memories.

Speaking of last year, my blog's turning one year old very soon! New template? That's a thought. ;)



Music of the moment: Joss Stone's Super Duper Love
Currently feeling lazy to unpack my stuff just yet. Soon!