Flamed!

Flamed!

I finally got flamed! Yey.

Flame, by the way, is one of my Words of the Year 2003 (blame my less than amazing vocabulary). Not the typical flame = fire sense, of course. Merriam-Webster tells us that flame, as a transitive verb, means to send an angry, hostile, or abusive electronic message. Still unclear? Click the comments link in my previous post to see the perfect example. And of course, I must thank fake plastic tree, for I can never take the credit from him/her.

_____

fake plastic tree @ 01/29/2005 16:32:
what a pathetic blog. and your article for ridge is even more pathetic. Do us all a faovr [sic] and stop blogging.

joseph @ 01/29/2005 22:29:
fake plastic tree: why thank you for visiting! this blog is meant for me, you know, not for you or anybody else. so think whatever you want. i couldn't care less. here's the door, thanks for the visit.


_____


Hehe, I guess that reply speaks for itself. Although for a while there I entertained thoughts about the validity of that claim, nah, I'm so thick-skinned and calloused now. And I know better.

* * *

God I am so freakin' exhausted. Had less than enough sleep last night once again, and that corresponds to a new zit and bigger eyebags. Woke up early to Google stuff for my sister, slept again, googled again when I woke up, had lunch and attempted to read Pride and Prejudice for my Lit class, to no avail. Had lunch, and later killed more braincells (hopefully it pays off).

Rushed to room to email Kai, then ran to bus stop at 5pm to go to the Singapore Chinese Orchestra building in Shenton Way. Sang with NUS Choir till 10pm with the orchestra, and I must admit it was way cool to see and hear those unique Chinese instruments! There was this violin-like thing (no English term for it apparently?), this wind instrument made of large bamboos(?), and some string instrument that reminded me of the Philippines' banduria. And of course there were the usual orchestra stuff. We didn't sing quite well, since it was tough blending with the Orchestra and finding our cues. But Maestro Tsung Yeh seemed quite pleased and considerate, so that's okay.

What was sad was that I was starving! Cheese sandwiches + banana at 4pm didn't seem to do the trick. And practice ended at 10pm too! Walau. Rushed to bus stop, reached KR past 11pm, turned on my laptop and began preparing Quaker Oats for dinner/supper. Then Chicken messaged me through MSN, Have you read the comment on your blog?

Haha. As much as I'm drained and exhausted and stressed(and loads of work coming up too), I'm perfectly fine. I have John Mayer and Jason Mraz playing in my head, and God by my side of course, so what could possibly go wrong?



Music of the moment: Jason Mraz's 1000 Things
Currently feeling hungry.