Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday

I was at my first practical for LSM1102: Molecular Genetics this morning, and I had a sudden surge of inferiority complex. My first thoughts as I entered the room some 45 minutes late (not my fault, the lesson plan said come at 10am, but it started at 9am): WHAT AM I DOING HERE?
(The answer to that, by the way, is that I am checking out the possibility of taking Biostatistics as my major. And to do that I must brave a module with Life Science majors. Scary.)

The lab manual seemed utterly foreign to me, and some equipment ala CSI I had never or seldom used before (I was in the Techno not the Science Stream in high school), and something about chemicals and organisms and DNA didn't seem to fit me well this morning. Thanks to my partner, a newfound friend Kathy, I survived the first practical (extracting genomic DNA from E.coli). Yey!

Towards the end of the session, as we removed our lab coats, I saw a cool shirt of a guy classmate across the lab table. It said, with a slightly fancy font and a sleek design, "I'm blogging this." I want I WANT that shirt! Or some shirt with a message to that effect. :)


Guess what it reminded me of? Hehe, it reminded me of this. That's my first blog entry one year ago. Hehe, I tried to recreate the original template, so that's roughly how moonstruck86.blogspot.com looked like one year ago (the current is version 2.2 I think). You can click here too, to dig through the complete first week archives. Ahhhh... memories! Haha. Maybe it's just me, but I somehow don't feel like that's the way I write now. Could I have.. no, it's impossible.. could I have grown? Hehe. I seriously think large chunks of memories about our own selves years back are laughable. :)

So, predictably, I wish you dear bloggie a Happy 1st Birthday! Sorry there isn't much fanfare, since I'm currently going insane handling my new modules, my almost-daily cheering for KR Hall in the IHG, and, as if my voice isn't beaten up enough, my choir practices. (Yes, my voice has officially saved me from idleness)

So what exactly do you bloggie get from me on your day? My sincerest gratitude for being my shoutbox and mind-monsters depository for the past year, and, tada, a space in the January issue for the Ridge. Yes, I wrote about blogging in my article for the school publication. Hah.

Dunno what that makes me though. A blog addict, perhaps? "A good blogger" would be just fine. ;)



Music of the Moment: Bone Thugs' Shoot 'Em Up
Currently feeling sore in the throat!