Leiyu

Leiyu

Great. I finished one of those long detailed blogs when I suddenly and unknowingly got disconnected from the NUS network. So when I clicked "Publish Post", everything went pfffffft. Good for you reader, though, since you won't have to bear with my long entries for once. Hah.

Bummer. I'm still thinking about my vivid accounts of this and that. But since I've decided to be optimistic this year (okay, I'm making it the Chinese New Year's resolution if it's too late for the Jan1 resolution! =P), I'm not gonna worry about it. I was only blabbering about my brand new modules and lectures and lecturers, my draining but exhilarating cheering for KR's "crowd" matches in the IHG, on top of NUS and KR choirs, and how bruised and battered my voice is as a result. Haha yep, my voice, my 2004 Discovery of the Year. Lalala. Long days ahead for this short and crazy sem! :D

Tomorrow is NUS Choir practice, and it promises to be interesting like last time, because we're singing a Chinese song, Leiyu (Thunderstorm). It's a major task for the few of us Chinese-challenged in the NUS Choir, but so far we've been coping quite fine.

Wu yun ah, chen chen ya zai xin tou, goes the first lines.

Jayson one of the Chinese Filipinos doing the bridging course, has kindly translated for me. Wu yun means dark cloud, chen chen means deep (or something), ya zai means nadadaganan in Filipino (or being run over, trampled?), and xin tou means heart. (Tatatee, what do you think? Please correct me if I'm wrong hehe.) So there, connect the dots.

I'd like to say Wu yun, chen chen ya zai xin tou might very well describe my life right now. But that isn't fully accurate, actually. Then again, it's not far away from the truth either. Hee.



Music of the moment: Santana's Why Don't You and I
Currently feeling full from terrrrific block supper! Yey D block!