Suddenly swamped

Suddenly swamped

Guess who KR Choir's new Tenor Sectional Leader is? Yes, that's the one who makes sure the tenors know their notes right so they wouldn't get lost during the combined practice with the basses and altos and sopranos. Sigh. Unfortunately, Kelvyn, the previous SL, has to leave the choir this year for personal reasons, and tada, the task is passed on to yours truly. I tried my best to let him stay, or to at least give the job to someone else since I don't feel capable and I'm busy with other stuff and that little fact that I'm more comfortable with singing bass (in the NUS choir) than tenor. Apparently, I am left with no choice but to reluctantly accept. I bargained with Kelvyn though, that I'll be SL for a week and see what happens.

That comes one day, too, after I accepted the offer to be part of the NUS Choir's Varsity Voices 04/05 Task Force (apparently they did some voting during the last practice, where I excused myself early to run for KR Choir session). That's the committee that puts up the choir's annual VV concert. I hesitated before I accepted secretary Keng Khoon's offer, but then I reasoned since I'm turning Year 2 after this sem, I might as well take up higher-than-member positions.

So that's Cheer Team for me all throughout the bulk of this sem (IHG runs till the midterms), an NUS Choir stint with the Chinese Orchestra (this is the one with the Leiyu song) in mid-February, Varsity Voices on February 26th, KR's own culture night in late Feb or March, and the Combined Performances of Hall Choirs sometime else. And that's on top of my killer Probability module, my Molecular Genetics module with Life Science majors, and my Introduction to Literary Studies module which promises lots of readings.

Hmm.. so unless I get my act together, I could potentially be royally screwed this sem. Intense mugging sessions up ahead!


P.S.
We watched my former hall King Edward VII's musical play, Romeo Loves Juliet, at the Victoria Theatre the other night. It's a modern take on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, with a twist at the end. It was the fruit of the long bloody hard work of the production team, especially by my good Vietnamese buddy and near-roommate Pacey, the director. My Pinoy seniors Nestor and Arthur also were part of the hardworking team, in the admin and ticketing departments, respectively. And my Indian friend Balaji did a very convincing portrayal as the crazy effeminate supposed groom-to-be of Juliet.

The play made me happy, seriously. Although much could be polished here and there, I thought it was a nice, feel-good performance, which, for lack of better descriptions, I'd say if I watched the play with my girlfriend (not that I have any), I'll fall in love with her all over again (I loved the play's Cosmic Love song!). Hah, some crap there. Or maybe I belong to the hopeless-romantic demographic? Hehe. But really, I enjoyed myself well enough to gloss over the few glitches. Kudos to Director Pacey, Producer Joanna (my friend Victor's GF too, whom he kissed onstage after the show ;P), and the entire team!

And oh yeah, I have to surf the net to check cool designs for my sister's prom dress. Haha, the requests I get from her because of free internet here. I'm feeling tired Kai, so hang on a bit okay?

Okay, 5:48AM and it's time to sleep! After a whole day of watching and cheering for KR's Soccer teams and getting a good sunburn. My first tenor sectionals later at 10pm, and I just finished making the Noteworthy Composer score for Beauty and the Beast. Long day today, long day tomorrow, and I. need. sleep.



Music of the Moment: John Mayer's Love Song for No One
Currently feeling sleeeeeeeeepy.