A little motivation

A little motivation

Yey, I have a new top score in Triple Pop! It's this game in my handphone that basically requires the player to pop differently-colored bubbles as they hit a user-controlled rotating stone at the center of a circular playing area. If at least three bubbles of the same color are adjacent to each other, they "pop", and points are awarded. Aim is to pop as many bubbles as long as bubbles don't go out-of-bounds of the playing area.

My score's at 1435 now, and I'm glad because it was the first time I played it in months! And first (and only) try too this session. Well, trust on handphone games to keep you busy while waiting for the 9:00PM bus. I'm especially surprised with myself, for keeping the playing area clear around the score of 900, when usually (at least in my triple-pop playing history), this is the time when all the bubbles fly from nowhere, and threaten to (and eventually) go out of bounds.

The secret, I'd like to think, is a little motivation. I tried a different mindset as I was starting the game, and it worked.

I guess that's also why we Cheer Team are being constantly told that we are important in the games of KR in the ongoing IHG. We were told that "we have to ra-ra the crowd during every match," and this means a lot to the sweaty players playing their hearts out for our dear KR.

That's the reason, btw, that I was outside at around 9pm still. We were at the SRC courts for the very exciting handball (male) semis. KR came in full force, like the other day, to cheer on the players as they tackled Sheares Hall on Monday, and Raffles Hall yesterday. I left a few minutes after halftime during yesterday's match, since I had to rush for tenor sectionals for KR choir (yes, I'm surely losing my voice).

I arrived at 9:05pm at the lobby, and wa lau, no tenors! We were supposed to meet at 9pm punctually. I waited till almost 10pm, and only Johni, who had earlier told me he was gonna be late, and Adrian, who was also late because of Bible study/cell group, were there. A few other told me they couldn't come for valid reasons, but I PLEASE wish the others will tell me beforehand if they couldn't come. I scheduled the sectionals, by the way. It's tough being tenor SL, I now realize.

The handball supporters came at around 10pm, and, I didn't need to ask if they won or lost that very important match. It was a very close fight, and we lost. Keith, the cheerleading head, even told me the handball captain had been in tears, apologizing to the crowd for not bringing Kent Ridge to the finals. I missed all the drama! Hehe. KR's hall spirit is something I appreciate quite a lot.

So I went to my room and finished making the tenor scores of All Things Bright and Beautiful using this program Noteworthy Composer (a must-use in any choir). Just as I was finishing at 11:45pm, Kevin, the Logistics guy from NUS choir, whom I am under for the coming Varsity Voices Concert, requested me to make the scores for the tenor parts of this really difficult but beautiful song, The Continental. I hesitated a bit, but since I was in NWC file-making mode, and with a little motivation too, I finished it in another hour or so. Proud of myself.

Thank you Lord for getting me through another day. And yey, here's another one! Good morning!



Music of the moment: Barbie's Cradle's Every day
Currently feeling like taking a shower!