GOOD BOY

this holy week, i promise to be a good boy. 0=)

my act of penitence: do the one thing i've always been planning to do the past weeks but never quite accomplished.
that is, as anyone may predict, to STUDY WITH A PASSION.

it's not study per se. it's studying with a PASSION.
it's studying as if the smell of my lecture notes conjured up happy memories, as if the physics formulas and test statistics were melodic chants that lead me to blissful reverie, as if my physics book were an enchanting storybook in disguise, as if gerald (keller), brian (warrack), and douglas (giancoli) were my long-lost, dearly-missed best friends.
you get the drift.

i was studying happily this afternoon, mind you, because there was no power in my room. actually, ther was no power only in the socket, so the fan was still good. the socket, however, powers up my pc. no power, no pc, no internet.
and you know very well that the internet can be a very bad thing. at least for my great study masterplans.

anyway, after a well-deserved nap, i went through chapters of my statistics, and it was all good.
at 9pm, the power went back up, and so now i digress from my studying for a while.

tonight, by hook or by crook, i'm gonna finish going through all my stats notes and making my formula/fact sheet.
the test is open book, but i know too well that open book exams are more difficult than closed-book ones.

i'm armed with two bananas, a pack of potato chips, kalamansi to make some juice, kitkat, oreo, nescafe frothe, some chocolate-flavored cereal, and glutaphos. those should be more than enough to keep me awake.

but i'm not gonna stay up too late. as much as i wanna study, zits are still one of my top concerns. ;)


_____
some guy from varsity christian fellowship just knocked on the door and offered some sweets, along with his best wishes for the exams. good people in the hall.

i'm treating myself now to haw flakes. u know those small disk-shaped sweets that are piled up together in what seems like a roll of film? saraaaaaap. or maybe i have been rather freaked out by brice's scary stories about the hall food(di yan fish! sting ray 'yan! tamo may amoy!). anyway, baka haw flakes just remind me of my good ol' childhood. =)

time to study!


p.s.
i've decided to use a jars of clay tune for my background music.
part of the holy week thing, to use some christian music. it's ambiguous actually, so you can sing it to your significant other if you're not feeling religious.
faith is ultimately a personal thing, methinks.