WOW

talk about self-control. i actually didn't blog for a whole day! isn't that just super?!
wow. i'm mighty proud of myself. i thought i was hooked. great. ;)

(ACTUALLY, the real reason's that the earlier half of my day was spent sleeping, since i had this hangover from dirinking last night at boat quay again, and because i have finally begun carrying out my plan to PACK UP for my sing-manila-davao flight on saturday)

hmmm.. tonight (or last night) the cambodians bade goodbye, jennifer hudson got the boot on AI (it was supposed to be a surprise, but for some reason i have this "spoiler sense" which detects the tiniest hints of spoiler material through people's conversations. hmph. I STILL HATE SPOILERS), and i watched the third ep of the OC on tv.

OC is cool. it's intense. it's relatable. it's in-your-face.
i like seth. i guess that doesn't surprise anyone. hee. and marissa is effortlessly beautiful. still not in the ranks of "lovely" just yet, but i'm thinking she'll charm me more in the next episodes (almost end of season 1 in the US already).


TAMA NA YAN, INUMAN NA

LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LAS I I I I I I I I I I NNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG!

oh, i should tell you about how brice got drunk the other night. i was shocked that mr. bartender actually gets drunk. it was hilarious really. i'm gonna be skimpy on details, as brice might not be too proud of it, but i can tell u that it happened when we got back in the hall, and it involved the floor, some grass, a wrong room, and some cold water. haha.

it was a weeknight (a wednesday, but not ladies' night), but we went nonetheless, as it was supposedly the bridging kids last night-out before we become undergrads. we were only 6 though, out of 13. noe noe went out with his burmese seniors, the 3 cambodians had a buffet dinner somewhere else, tuk had plans also with her seniors, ivy wanted to save money and korinna wanted to watch american idol for the last time in singapore. it was me, boat, xay, brice, dust, diana. all boys daw sabi nina brice and dust! hahaha. buti na lang game si diana at hindi pikon. no econs tutor tongni to treat us, so we spent our own moolah.

the pub was in boat quay, and the setting of the outdoor tables was great. we were beside a serene, calm river, and across it were the bright city lights. the gentle breeze was just the perfect temperature, occurring in similarly perfect intervals. it was a romantic place really, but when you turn to your left, you see this whole block of clubs and pubs pulsating with music, glowing with neon lights, and smelling of booze. perfect. perfect place to get drunk.

i almost did, and for a while i thought diana was drunk too. but i managed to control myself by not taking any more when i thought i was close to getting there. i thought it was time to stop, but boat, my thai friend and aspiring model, asked me (in the second pub we visited) to down a mug with him, saying, "JOSEPH! for FRIENDSHIP!" hahaha. who am i to refuse, right? ;) that's the thing with me, i'd like to think my "pakikisama" skills are above average.:P

i never quite understood why people drank and got drunk before. i realize now that it's more than the booze. it's more than just throwing away good money for some liquid that turns your pee to a golden yellow, and that leaves a crazy whirl in your head. as diana said, in a tone that didn't seem quite drunk just yet (or maybe it was just me), "bonding bonding lagi kapag inuman." right on.

[i'll post photos sometime tomorrow. it's amazing how much fun a digicam can add to any occasion. ;) ]